WHO WE ARE
We founded Stone Road with the conviction that cannabis is one of the planet’s great natural gifts to humans, and that all people should have access to the best of it. Ever since, we’ve been growing flowers to be one with—hand-rolling joints as a gesture of love and friendship, and bringing people together from all walks of life. So if you’re a human being, we’re here for you. We’re here for plants, too. And animals, of course.
We own and operate our family-run biodynamic farm on the top of a hill in Nevada City, CA. It’s seven hours north of LA, and when you’re there it feels like another world. With only half an acre worth of greenhouses on a rural 57-acre spread, the land remains 99% wild and untamed. All of our water is straight from an artesian well, 460-feet-deep, at the ideal 6.4ph, which allows us to water straight from the earth.
We utilize living soil to create mini ecosystems in each bed where our ladies live. The soil is an amalgamation of living organisms that creates natural pest barriers and encourages healthy plant growth. We never treat our plants with synthetic products - even if they are organically occurring - instead opting to use nature’s intended resources — ladybugs, predator mites, and a medley of beneficial fungi.
If you want to experience the Stone Road magic IRL, we offer farm tours from May - September. If you’d like to schedule a visit, drop us a note here.
WHERE WE’RE GOING
We prioritize sustainability and strive to eliminate petroleum-based plastic from our packaging by the end of this year. (Our packaging is currently 99% recyclable and made from 100% post-consumer recycled goods). We’re also developing a new sugarcane-based biodegradable bioplastic to shrink-wrap our joint boxes. We are constantly looking for ways to lessen our footprint.
In July of 2020, our county finally awarded us a coveted state license. This was a major milestone for us, a dream years in the making, and a rarity in an environment dominated by companies with opaque sourcing practices. About 30% of our products currently come from the farm, with the other 70% coming from trusted local farms. By the end of this year our entire supply chain will be in-house. We will control all growing, curing, and manufacturing. The farm’s long road to receiving licensing and subsequent multi-year build out is the realization of a goal we set in 2016 — to grow the most beautiful cannabis, sold at a price at which everyone can enjoy it.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
For us, quality is about purity, attention to detail, and kindness to the Earth. Every single joint is triple-checked, so that we get to feel good and you get to feel even better.
Cannabis is nature’s best unifier, bringing together people from every place, background, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or religion. It brings out your inner child, turns parties into sacred happenings, and expands your mind. It almost feels like a secret code — a secret that’s also not a secret at all.
We believe in what nature has given us. And we believe in you. In your power to let go. To go on a journey and face your fears. To let your little seedling of an idea sprout. To dull pain and increase pleasure. To engage in emotional intensity. To open up shifts in perception. To enjoy the here and now as often as possible.